Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

All Is Well [:

Okay, so life got crazy. There was a mile-long checklist that just seemed to get longer everyday. There was miscommunication among family members that caused tension. There were thousands of decisions to be made. (And you all know me.. I'm bad at making decisions) There were piles of homework and housework that loomed larger everyday. There was a point that I felt I wasn't going to make it. I wanted to skip everything about the wedding except the only thing that really matters. Being sealed in the temple. I even asked Ben if we could elope and just get married in a temple somewhere and forget about the reception and the pictures and the luncheon and the flowers and all the million other aspects of a wedding. But I was given some simple and very wise advice. "Take things one day at a time." I took this advice to heart. I wrote it on sticky notes and stuck them to the tv screen on my dresser (the tv doesn't get used anyway). So now I see that message every morning and almost every time I walk into my room. And it's helped. A lot actually. There's still a mile-long list (although we have gotten a lot done this past week), and there is still stress in my life. But it's not as bad. And I've come to realize, that no matter how bad it gets, I have a few things that can help me refocus, regain composure, and remind me that everything will be okay. Those few things are these:

1. My Heavenly Father. I can turn to him in many ways. Whether it be through scripture study, quiet thought, or pleading prayer, I can seek him out and have the Spirit with me always. I can pray for comfort and for peace anytime I need to. I can have light and the knowledge that things will work out in the end, if I only ask. [:

2. My Best Friend. Ben has been an incredible help to me. When I'm falling apart he's the glue that holds me together. When I forget to turn to the Lord, he reminds me that I always have my Father to go to for help. Ben seems to always know exactly what to do and what to say to bring a smile back to my face. Whether it be an extra long hug, a brush of my cheek, letting me soak his shoulder with tears, or a funny little remark.. he lifts my soul from the bottom of despair to the highest heights. I'm so grateful for him and for the wonderful person and friend he is to me.

3. My Music. Music calms my nerves, it lifts my spirits, and makes me dance while I clean my room. It generally just makes me happy [:

4. Exercise. It's a great stress relief, and I'm just learning the extent to which it can help me feel better, even if I can't get out of bed the next morning from soreness :P

I know that things will be alright, that I'll make it to May 21st alive, well, and happy! All I have to do is take it one day at a time. [:

No comments:

Post a Comment