Here's how today went:
I woke up, got ready for school, and was about five minutes late to Humanities. When I sat down, Lindsey informed me that the professor had canceled the paper we were supposed to write for next week. Not postponed, canceled. As in I don't have to write it. At ALL! :D This was only the beginning of such a great day!
Psychology was awesome, as usual. We talked about memory and how to study. I love that there's four music majors in that class, so he picks us out of the crowd and compares music to psychology. It makes all the interesting stuff we learn in that class lots more interesting!
Music Theory was wonderful, as always. It was another one of those "this is why I'm a music major" classes. I love days like that.
Band was superb. Dr. Roberts was commissioned to write a piece for the centennial celebration of DSC, and he wrote the piece for the band. And we played it for the first time today. And I LOVE it!! I can't wait to get it all polished up and play it for the whole world!
And after band, I walk out the door of the Eccles with Ben, and the sun is so warm and lovely and amazing! It was just the crowning touch to a perfect morning. Ben and I started singing... "I've got sunshi-i-ine on a cloudy day.. When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May.." and then, because the word "May" was mentioned, we talked about the wedding a bit. And how close it's getting! :D And I told him what Danielle had told me just an hour earlier, that the appointment is set for us to get engagements taken! :D :D Once that's done, we can do the announcements! Ahh! Things are getting crossed of the list, and it feels so good!
And then I went to work. I was all by myself again, so I got to play my music loud and I sung to my heart's content. Until.. my side started hurting around 2pm. It was really weird. And it wouldn't go away. It kept hurting the rest of the day. It still hurts right now, but not quite as bad as before. But I wasn't gonna let a little side-ache stop me from having a wonderful day.
So.. at the basketball game, I cheered my heart out, as usual. Derek Brazeau came and played with us tonight. He is hilarious! And he's a member of the special ed section with me in Music Theory. :P Standing in between him and Ben the whole night was a blast! I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee!
Oh! And right before the game, Josh texted me and told me to check my email, ASAP. As soon as we got everything set up for the game, I used Ben's iPod to check it. He had sent me an mp3 of the song that I want to use for the Mother-Son dance at the wedding reception. Why is this so wonderful? Because I couldn't find the song anywhere. It wasn't on iTunes, it wasn't on Amazon, nowhere. I almost cried when I saw the attachment. [:
And one more thing.. during half time of the game, Ben said to me, "It's a good thing you're walking at graduation." When I asked why, he told me two reasons. First, they're going to do the whole, "everyone sits in the gym and listens to speakers and stuff" and then the students are going to split up into their individual colleges and walk only with the other students in their discipline. So instead of having to sit in the Burns area forever, graduation will be simple and sweet, and I get to graduate with only the Fine Arts students. :D Second, there is going to be a speaker there that is incredible. I'm not going to say names, because I'm not entirely sure if it's set completely in stone, but let's just say you do NOT want to miss these commencement exercises. It's going to be INCREDIBLE.
And now I'm home, about to go shower, get ready for bed, read my temple book, and go to sleep. Today has been absolutely wonderful! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment