
So, this week is National Suicide Prevention Week, and today TWLOHA put on an event called "Write Love On Your Arm."
We were asked to "create a beautiful canvas out of that which might seem another's last resort". So I did. (Well, Chase did the actual drawing.. I'm not that skilled!)
I think this sort of this is what I'm going to have my platform for the Miss Dixie pageant be.
This is something I'm passionate about, and I think that I could do a lot of good here on campus if I win the title.
I love the story that was the birth of TWLOHA, but my favorite quote from that story is this:
We were asked to "create a beautiful canvas out of that which might seem another's last resort". So I did. (Well, Chase did the actual drawing.. I'm not that skilled!)
I think this sort of this is what I'm going to have my platform for the Miss Dixie pageant be.
"To Write Love On Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery."
This is something I'm passionate about, and I think that I could do a lot of good here on campus if I win the title.
I love the story that was the birth of TWLOHA, but my favorite quote from that story is this:
"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."
No comments:
Post a Comment