Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gratitude Journal 10/30/10

Today, I am grateful for so many things.
For the gospel.
For friends who truly care for me.
For missionaries.
For people who accept the gospel and become members of the church. I'm grateful for their testimonies.
For my testimony.
For eyebrows, and the fact that I have more than three hairs on my head.
For the knowledge that I don't have to search the world over to find my "perfect match".. the one I'm "destined" to be with.
For my parents.
For love.
That I can go a month without having to put gas in my car.
For personal revelation.
For the Plan of Happiness.
For family.
... for the Atonement.
That I can see.
That I can choose to be happy!

Today, I saw the hand of God in my life.
The classes I was prompted to go to.. were exactly what I needed to hear. I felt that each of the speakers were talking directly to me.. that they had prepared their whole presentation for my benefit and no one else's. The YSA Conference is exactly where I needed to be today. I woke up this morning and thought.. "I could just not show up. I could sleep in. I could use the day to clean my room, or do the dishes." But I got up, and I went. After lunch, I thought to myself "I could go home.. I don't have to stay." But I'm so glad that I was prompted to stay. I would have cheated myself if I had left early. I also thought "I wish Ben were here. I wish he could experience what I'm experiencing." (He had work) But.. if he had been there, would I have gone to the classes that I did? Would I have heard the messages that I really needed? My Heavenly Father was guiding every step I took today, and I realize that. And I'm thankful for it.

Today, I felt.

Anger.
The spirit.
Joy.
Sorrow.
Remorse.
The love of my Savior and my Heavenly Father.
The spirit.
Complete.
Annoyance.
Embarrassment.
Confidence.
Happiness.
Determination.
Sunshine.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment