The whole experience was awesome. Even more awesome than Miss Washington County, even more awesome than Miss Dixie last year. I had so much fun! I love every single one of the girls who competed, and I'm so glad for the winners. Jessica Baird won the crown, Shanae V. was first attendant, Kelby Tyler was second, Jessica Derrick was third, Mandy Stout was fourth, Jill Dallon was "Miss Dixie Spirit" and Clara LeFevre won the platform award.
I didn't win. But that's okay. I had fun. I learned about myself. I'm getting better at speaking my mind. I'm not the timid, un-opinionated little girl I was a year ago. And I think I like it. I totally rocked my interview. I didn't stumble over my words, and I think I only said "um" once. (Last year, I'm sure I said it about twenty times in the ten minute interview, and twice in my on-stage question). I nailed my talent, I sang my heart out in front of a full house. All by myself. No nerves, no stumbles, no butterflies. I was totally and completely confident. And it felt absolutely wonderful!
But the very best part.. was what was waiting for me in the lobby of the Eccles after the pageant was over. I was swarmed with hugs and smiles and flowers and "good job!"s from some of the most important people in my life. I was so grateful for that. I'm so grateful for everyone who came to the pageant. Whether they were there to support me, or to support someone else. The important thing is that they were there to support one of us girls. And by supporting one of us, you were supporting all of us. I really grew quite close to these girls, and I love them all so much!
Well.. enough of the mushy stuff.. and time for some pictures!
The night before the pageant




Opening number!


On-stage Interview

Talent! "True Love's Kiss"


All the girls [:



The Aftermath



You did SOOOOO good! We love you!
ReplyDelete