Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratitude Journal 11/1/10

Today, I am grateful for so many things.
For compliments.
For hats.
For warm blankets.
For understanding.
For Ben.
For roommates.
For prayer.
For holding hands.
For hugs.
For butterflies!
For silliness.
For laughter.
For Danielle.
Today Ben went to 25 Main for lunch. And brought me back a cupcake. [: I'm grateful for him, for the gesture, and for the cupcake. (It was chocolate peanut butter) Haha :D

Today, I saw the hand of God in my life.
I already wrote about the experience today, but that man in the parking lot and his simple phrase really hit me. If he hadn't said anything to me, I would have continued on in my hurried attitude all day. And then I probably wouldn't have stood behind this cute old lady in a wheelchair at Wal-Mart this evening. Her basket was overflowing, and the cashier wasn't the quickest. But I was in no hurry. So I waited. Only a few minutes after standing there, the lady in front of me dropped a box of pancake mix on the floor. She couldn't reach it. So I picked it up for her. She seemed so thankful for just the smallest act of charity. And I was so glad to perform it for her. Sometimes it's the small things that really touch your heart, and make your whole day. [:

Today, I felt.
Relief.
Hurried.
The spirit.
Late.
Friendship.
Sneaky. [:
Appreciative.
Cared for.
Spoiled.
Patient.
Happy.
Love.
Butterflies.
Loved.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how flattered I am that you are grateful for me! I am seriously in tears right now! I LOVE you so much more than you will ever know! I LOVE our relationship/friendship! This may sound dumb but, You inspire me and you make me want to be a better person! HONEST! Thank you for being who you are. Thank you for accepting, understanding and acknowledging me as your Mother. There is NO GREATER compliment that I could receive!

    ReplyDelete